Silverpeak is seeking to fill an opportunity for a surveyor to conduct office and field work as directed by Licensed Land Surveyor. Ideal candidate will demonstrate ability to work well with clients and design team.
What you will be doing
- Act as a support to the firm’s liaison with local municipalities for LS purposes
- Perform work as assigned by Licensed Land Surveyor
- Use modern technology to help define legal property boundaries
- Develop boundary surveys, boundary adjustments, construction staking, and tentative/final maps
- Develop plats and topographic surveys
- Design using AutoCAD Civil 3D
What you will need to know/have
- Ideal candidate will possess at least 1 year of land surveying experience
- Knowledge of field/office surveying methods, practices, techniques, legalities and mathematical procedures for surveying
- Knowledge of elementary principles and practices of surveying for engineering projects
- Ability to understand and interpret legal descriptions and record survey maps; understanding and interpreting engineering plans, diagrams, and notes
- Plan and organize the survey work as a 1 man or 2 man field survey crew to achieve optimum efficiency
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience in plan development preferred
- Proven ability to work on a team designing and preparing construction documents for projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and comfortable interacting with clients
- Must be self-directed, motivated, and detail-oriented
- Must have valid Driver’s License
Salary negotiable depending on experience
SilverPeak is multi-disciplined firm specializing in structural engineering, civil engineering, design and architecture, and land surveying. The company started in 2005, moved to Layton in 2010 and built its new main office, and today boasts over 1,300 projects under it’s belt.
We’re looking for talented, passionate people who thrive on details and providing exceptional work. Each member of the project team is valued highly.