Silverpeak is seeking to fill an opportunity for a self-motivated, energetic, analytical, highly competent, customer-focused Surveying Professional licensed in the state of Utah.
What you will be doing
- Planning, assigning, reviewing and producing final deliverables for survey projects
- Use modern technology to help define legal property boundaries
- Develop boundary surveys, boundary adjustments, construction staking, and tentative/final maps
- Develop legal descriptions, dedications, easements, plats and topographic surveys
- Design using AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Act as liaison between the firm and the local municipalities for LS purposes
What you will need to know/have
- Ideal candidate will possess at least 5 years of land surveying experience
- Licensed land surveyor in the state of Utah
- Knowledge of field/office surveying methods, practices, techniques, legalities and mathematical procedures for surveying
- Knowledge of elementary principles and practices of surveying for engineering projects
- Ability to understand and interpret legal descriptions and record survey maps; understanding and interpreting engineering plans, diagrams, and notes.
- Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy, plan and organize the work as a 1 man or 2 man field survey crew to achieve optimum efficiency
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to supervise, train, and evaluate subordinate field survey personnel
- Experience in plan development preferred
- Proven ability to work on a team designing and preparing construction documents for projects
- Project delivery experience working directly with clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and comfortable interacting with clients
- Must be self-directed, motivated, and detail-oriented
- This individual will bring with him/her the capability to advise/evolve our LS Department using the latest technology.
- Must have valid Driver’s License
Salary negotiable depending on experience
SilverPeak is multi-disciplined firm specializing in structural engineering, civil engineering, design and architecture, and land surveying. The company started in 2005, moved to Layton in 2010 and built its new main office, and today boasts over 1,300 projects under it’s belt.
We’re looking for talented, passionate people who thrive on details and providing exceptional work. Each member of the project team is valued highly.