Silverpeak is looking for a Civil Engineer with a broad range of experience. The focus of this position is on our educational and commercial market. Candidates must possess a high capacity for self-motivation and be able to apply engineering knowledge to a variety of projects. In addition, must be able to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and staff.
What you will be doing
- Coordinate with team of Engineers and Planners
- Responsible for performing and coordinating the design and preparation of civil construction documents for a variety of commercial, residential, and industrial projects
- Responsible for performing and coordinating the conversion of concept site designs into working documents using AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Perform technical specification writing
- Perform field engineering services
- Design document submission and review adjustments
- Work on multiple projects with other engineers while helping to ensure quality control procedures are implemented
What you will need to know/have
- AutoCAD Civil 3D proficiency
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Utah within one year
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in the civil engineering field is required.
- Experience in plan development and construction contract administration
- Proven ability to lead the design and preparation of construction documents for projects
- Project delivery experience working directly with clients
- Ability to solve engineering problems using sound engineering judgment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and comfortable interacting with clients
- Must be self-directed, motivated, and detail-oriented
- Valid Driver’s License
Salary negotiable depending on experience
SilverPeak is multi-disciplined firm specializing in structural engineering, civil engineering, design and architecture, and land surveying. The company started in 2005, moved to Layton in 2010 and built its new main office, and today boasts over 1,300 projects under it’s belt.
We’re looking for talented, passionate people who thrive on details and providing exceptional work. Each member of the project team is valued highly.